[dba-Tech] Printing

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 13 13:16:12 CST 2008

Hi All:

I am working with a very old POS system. It is encapsulated within a
WindowsXP OS and seems to work just fine. The one problem I am having is
that when printing reports, in this case invoices, the print job seems to
have to time-out before the last lines are printed and the print job ejects
from the printer.

>From the POS the printers can be configured so that any set of characters be
sent to the Windows printer and subsequently it is the Windows printer that
is actually printing the job.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what characters or setup is required
within either the old POS or within the Windows printer to force the print
job to complete immediately after receiving or sending the last characters?

TIA