[dba-Tech] [dba-OT] Vista Ultimate

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 09:38:47 CST 2008

Good luck with it. I had the SP1 update fail a few times on me after
getting all the way through to saying it was 100% complete but then
something went back and it had to restore it to preupdate status which
took another hour. It's the trying to preserve your stuff that maybe
takes it that long. If you had just loaded from scratch it would have
probably been a lot faster. And the SEVERAL HOURS estimate is maybe a
worst case possiblity in case you had less than speedy hardware.

GK