[dba-Tech] MS to buy Yahoo

Patti OConnor poc231st at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 16:09:17 CST 2008

I am not real happy about hearing this.  I mainly use my yahoo accounts because they work, look good and don't get the amount of spam my other accounts do.  MS messes up most of what they touch.  I haven't gotten into gmail but think I will after hearing this. The windows live looks ok but I haven't used it much.

My roadrunner mail was my main mail for many years but when they hooked up with aol about 6 years ago the garbage and spam went off the wall.  I wrote to them several times and got no response.
So then I went to free hotmail because I could bring it into outlook and outlook express. New people can not unless they pay a fee. No way was I going to pay for hotmail while still having to pay roadrunner.  Then they would not let new people do The Spam on Hotmail got too much.  A  friend told me about yahoo and I liked it. Even though I can't bring it into outlook I don't care.  For the last 4 years I have used the Yahoo as my main account.

************************ Patti OConnor***********************> From: john at winhaven.net> To: dba-tech at databaseadvisors.com> Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:31:27 -0600> Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] MS to buy Yahoo> > WOW is right!> > I get quite a number of trade rags and I don't recall seeing any rumors to> this intent.> > I'm not too familiar with MSN/Live/whatever they call it these days. I have> to use it for my MSDN login and that's about it. I use Yahoo all the time> though and I think their latest web mail and personal home page stuff is> great. I still use Google as my main search engine though.> > _______________________________________________> dba-Tech mailing list> dba-Tech at databaseadvisors.com> http://databaseadvisors.com/mailman/listinfo/dba-tech> Website: http://www.databaseadvisors.com