[dba-Tech] Scheduled Backup not firing

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 7 15:36:19 CST 2008

Hi John:

I had been having some problems with the scheduler and had assumed it was
something to with my servers.... it may not be but from then on I have been
using the old NT 'AT' command to set time events. Also have been using the
SyncToy app but have found that the old command XCOPY performs a faster and
more complete backup.

A friend at the local government office sent me links to a backup software
that they have been using:

Here's the URL to FreeNAS: http://www.freenas.org/
...and NasLite: http://www.serverelements.com/naslite.php
...and backup - JaBack 7:
http://www.hiteksoftware.com/jaba/data-backup-software.htm

I can not speak from first hand experience for the above applications but
they sound good.