[dba-Tech] Compose email containing HTML

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jan 10 01:08:26 CST 2008

Hi Arthur

I wouldn't rely on Outlook. CDO is the free choice, but if you are prepared spending some bucks I can recommend the Chilkat mail component:

  http://www.chilkatsoft.com/email-activex.asp

Lots of code example is on-line. Here for creating HTML mail:

  http://www.example-code.com/vb/vbSendHtml1.asp

If the client needs a copy of the outgoing mail, just bcc the client's e-mail account.

/gustav

>>> fuller.artful at gmail.com 09-01-2008 21:06 >>>
Can anyone tell me how to compose an email message that is composed entirely
of HTML with some images embedded? I assume that the email client will be
Outlook (I haven't met the client yet). I also assume that the given message
will be sent to lots of people, perhaps individuated with a typical "Hello,
John. Here is your latest..." I know how to send the same message to dozens
of people from Access to Outlook, but that's text-only, not HTML + pics.

TIA,
Arthur