[dba-Tech] Hard Drive

Jon Tydda jon.tydda at alcontrol.com
Mon Jan 21 09:22:32 CST 2008

Laptop droves just as easy/hard to replace as a desktop hard drive, but make sure you get a 2.5" drive, or it won't fit in the bay...

They're usually more expensive than the 3.5" drives (but then laptops aren't exactly cheap in comparison to a similar desktop).

I'd say to buy a new drive - they shouldn't make that kind of noise, and if you stop using it now, it might be easier to recover data than in the future when it's really dead.

We just lost one at work this week, had been buzzing for nearly a month before anyone mentioned it to me... by the time I told them to order a new drive, it had died... Another week lost waiting for the delivery and reinstallation etc.

Jon