[dba-Tech] Performance in disc partitions

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Jan 28 13:47:42 CST 2008

Yea, PCIE.  The new connectors with 1,4,8 or 16 "serial" data paths to the
card.  My RAID card uses a PCIE with 8x channels.  Everyone was saying that
you have to be careful what motherboard, it has to be "compatible" etc.  I
have used it in two different MBs, neither of which was on their
"compatible" list.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting