[dba-Tech] Presenting GUI's Across the Internet

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Wed Jan 30 09:41:11 CST 2008

Hello to all you web experts!

I often want to do a 'show and tell' for screen development and changes.
This gives me early feedback from a customer and generally makes everyone
(including me) a lot happier.

I recently signed up for GoToMyPC, but the first customer I tried this with
specifically prevents GoToMyPC from going through their firewall.  GoToMyPC
lets someone else access your PC - so while I'm at my PC they could view
what I'm showing or even change things themselves.  But it's apparently a
corporate firewall issue.  GoToMyPC was $15/mo so the price was OK.

Does anyone use a web-based app to show screen development?  This shouldn't
be a firewall issue.

Does anyone use BaseCamp from 37Signals?  Can this be used for 'show and
tells'?

Thanks!
Dan