[dba-Tech] IM's

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Thu Jan 31 10:47:42 CST 2008

Susan asked:
> Do any of you still use IM's? If so, which ones and do you
> use them productively? What are the security risks?

I use frequenty with clients. 99% of the time MSN though I have AIM and Yahoo for a couple. One of the benefits is you can set up a log of the conversations (at least with MSN, haven't checked the other two). I periodically need to refer back to a previous conversation. Another thing I find of benefit with one particular client for whom I do testing, is that I use PrintKey2000 to capture a screen image, then paste it into the conversation so he can see the error I'm getting without my having to go back and forth to type it up.

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"
kathryn at bassett.net