[dba-Tech] Thinkpad issues

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Thu Jul 3 17:56:08 CDT 2008

Hi Gustav,
I called for the factory recovery CD and the support tech said that it would
not help. The password is kept in a special chip on the motherboard and the
only thing I could do is try to remember the password. It can't be cleared
without knowing it to start with.

The jumper thing seems to be the only way. Does your colleague have
experience with that? I'm not real comfortable doing that.

John B.