[dba-Tech] Thinkpad issues

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Jul 4 16:40:16 CDT 2008

Hi John

Well, it isn't much different from the situation where you have encrypted your harddisk and forgot the password. No one is able to bring back your data and no one is to blame except yourself (the client). He must understand that a secured system is either secure or not.

That said, we'll double-check this for you at our local representative. I'll be in touch.

/gustav

>>> john at winhaven.net 04-07-2008 17:18 >>>
Hi Gustav,
I called the support line for the TP Z60t and the fellow said there is no
way to do this.

I posted a question on the Lenovo ThinkPad forum and haven't received a
single reply. Apparently they assume the laptop has been stolen and do not
recover these laptops if the password is forgotten.

I really don't want to spend a couple of hours and $100 trying to hack into
a 4 year old laptop, only to make one little mistake and ruin it in the
process!

This incident has sealed my opinion of buying (or supplying) ThinkPad's in
the future. It's a shame too, because they are really nice notebooks.

John B.