[dba-Tech] Can I Email send but not receive

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Jun 3 07:01:07 CDT 2008

Here is the deal.  I have several different servers.  I do
work on those servers and results end up in local
directories on those servers.  I need to be able to SEND
email from those servers, attaching the files on their local
directories, BUT I do not want those email clients on those
servers to pick up the email.

I want every email client to SEND on my jwcolby@ address but
I only want to pick up the mail on my laptop.  this would
allow me to send from any machine but all responses to the
emails would come back to my laptop email client.

So is it possible to set up an email client (Thunderbird) to
have an outgoing server, but no incoming server?  Send, but
never receive?

I do NOT want to have an email address for each server
(which was my first thought) because I don't want to have to
go to each machine to check for responses.