[dba-Tech] Missing Autocomplete in Word 2007

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 16:04:32 CDT 2008

AutoComplete (AutoCorrect Options, AutoText tab) seems to be missing from 2007, but here's what Help says on the subject (below) -- but I can't get this to work. Would somebody check this and see if it works? I don't get a screen tip at all -- nothing.

Susan H.

Microsoft Office Word and Microsoft Office Outlook offer a feature that helps you quickly enter calendar terms (such as the names of months and days of the week) more quickly. This feature is available whenever you are editing a document in Word or an item, such as an e-mail message, in Outlook.

For example, after you type the letters thur, the program displays a ScreenTip (ScreenTip: A short description that appears when the user holds the mouse pointer over an object, such as a button or hyperlink.) that displays the word Thursday. You can press ENTER to insert this word or keep typing.