[dba-Tech] Using both NICS

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Mar 24 14:55:26 CDT 2008

Hi John

I don't think so, but some NICs have four ports which you can run in parallel (trunc) _if_ the switch allows.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 24-03-2008 17:14 >>>
I have two Server 2003 machines which run SQL Server 2005.  I have these
large databases (100-250 gig files) which I need to ship back and forth
between the two servers.  It literally takes hours to send these files
between these two machines over gigabit NICS and a gigabit switch.

The motherboards in these machines have dual NICs.  Is there any way to tell
SQL Server 2003 to use both NICS to send data out of the machine, and to
receive data into the machine.  IOW can I cut my time in 1/2 somehow by
using both NICs simultaneously?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting