[dba-Tech] VM for different versions of Access

Martin W Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Thu Mar 27 14:47:53 CDT 2008

I just installed a server farm at home using Virtual PC on an external Hard Drive. Made it up as I went along but now have a SharePoint server VM up and running.

To answer your question I think?

You can download fully working Virtual Machine but in the case of Windows you simply treat it as another physical machine and install every thing from the ground up. You will have to have a copy of XP or Visa to install as the OS on the Virtual PC. You will also need a licence for the OS on the VM and for everything you put on it.

You can put the XP installation files on the host machine and then simply share the folder with the Virtual PC thats how I did it. I did find after the OS was installed everything installed better if the install files when run directly on the VM.

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Information Services
Queen's University