[dba-Tech] XP SP3 is go!

Jon Tydda jon.tydda at alcontrol.com
Fri May 9 04:18:11 CDT 2008

I've just installed SP3 on my laptop at work (on the grounds that
they're going to reimage it in a couple of weeks when I've left, so it
wouldn't do any harm).

Started installing it at 9:20am
Finished installing at 9:50am
Restarted at 9:55am (was on the phone)
Typed in username and password at 9:57am
Was able to use Windows at 10:12am

Hopefully it'll be a bit quicker to start up next time...

For reference, it's a HP NC6400 Core 2 (2*1.86Ghz) with 1GB RAM.

Doesn't seem to be any different to use so far, and I've not found any
of the "new" bits they've included, but I'll be having a play with it
later on today. I'll keep you posted if I find anything hinky. Gah, too
much NCIS :-)

Jon