[dba-Tech] Hamachi as service

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat May 31 07:37:34 CDT 2008

For all of you who run the excellent Hamachi VPN networking,
check this out.

http://serviceex.com/HServiceSetup/

Click the DOWNLOAD link to get it.

I have Hamachi running on all of my systems, and even my
virtual machines.  Using Hamachi I can tunnel in to my
systems at home when I am on the road (not that often), run
remote desktop on them, pull or push files between drives
etc.  Hamachi also allows me to use Remote Desktop on all of
my network machines without having to futz with the registry
and port forwarding on the router.

With this it runs as a service and can even be set to
automatically restart if the little applet is closed.

Recommended.