[dba-Tech] wireless invasion

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat May 31 12:50:46 CDT 2008

Bill: That is a bit of good info. Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Bill Patten
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 9:32 AM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] wireless invasion

Linksys uses 192.168.1.1 for it's default but can be changed. An easy way to

tell, is to go to the dos prompt (CMD) type IPCONFIG and look at the default

gateway. That should be the IP address for the router. If you do not have
the manual, you can usually find the password stuff by typing the model
number and password in GOOGLE. If you have changed the password and can't
remember it, you can usually reset the router to it's defaults by pushing a
button, or other series of events again available on Google.

HTH

Bill