[dba-Tech] Google.docs

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Tue Nov 11 13:44:04 CST 2008

Its Google I assume it is excellent. But would you want your company accounts or Personnel letters held on someone else's server I know I would not. In fact both Google and MS have offered us free services for all staff and students and we turned it down. We don't want any of our stuff on anyone's servers but our own. That way we are in total control of everything. Something goes wrong then we have only ourselves to blame.

I don't like Google docs ands its a bit like word version -9 it more like notepad on the web than a Word Processor. I need a word processor. Other people find it wonderful so its simply different tools for differnt people. I live in a Microsoft world and thats it really.

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Information Services
Queen's University