[dba-Tech] [dba-OT] (no subject)

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 05:36:18 CST 2008

I recommend you click Start and then "Help and Support" (Bottom or
firth column) and type in something like "Network Connection Not
Working" in the search box and hit enter. I've had great luck with
Vista's help contrary to earlier Microsoft help experiences. I get
"Troubleshoot Network Connection Problems" as the first thing. You
have to be careful to not SET UP a network though as that seems to
foul up everything. I'm guessing the network adapter is inactive or
something like that.

Sounds like you may have been into the "Set up the network" which
since you already had a network wasn't the thing to do and may have
gummed up the works.

You are right it SHOULD be easier but I think it's part of the more
secure" nature of Vista getting in the way.

Welcome to Vista!

GK