[dba-Tech] [dba-OT] (no subject)

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sun Nov 30 10:46:50 CST 2008

Getting closer.  The problem is now (I think) that I have only four ports on
my router and I need 5.  So one of the ports is connected to a hub.  The hub
seems to be the problem.  It's working because the modem is connected to the
hub.  So I put Vista into the router and now everybody connected to the
router can see Vista and Vista can see everybody.  Some of them can't browse
the others' drive but that's a permission problem which I can probably track
down.

However, when I click on Vista machine from another machine I get a dialog
box asking for User name and password.

When I did the restore to get a clean system I set up Rocky as a user
account - I'm administrator - with no password.  However, blank passwords
are not allowed.  Now what do I do?

TIA

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software