[dba-Tech] When Outlook sends

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 09:29:02 CDT 2008

It's been a long time since I've used Outlook because my copy's hosed -- I've uninstalled, resintalled, done everything I can think of and it still won't work, so that' why I can't check this myself.

I think I remember resetting an option to keep Outlook from automatically sending mail when I click Send in a New Message window -- but I can't find it. That allows you to control when messages are sent -- they sit in the Outbox until you manually send them. Am I nuts or is the normal setting and Outlook doesn't send them automatically from the New Message window? Even Help's information says it sends them automatically when clicking Send in the New Message window, but I can't find any place where it specifically mentions how to control that behavior.

Susan H.