[dba-Tech] Working in the US

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Oct 30 14:07:19 CDT 2008

You haven't got either unless you have a business which pays taxes in the
US.  However, you can get a federal tax id. It's pretty simple.

Here's info: http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/moneymatters/a/taxidhowtoget.htm
This is a bit more specific:
http://www.devnic.com/tutorials/federal_tax_id_number_form.html

Fill out the form, call the 800 number, walla!

I'd call the University accounting office, thought, and tell them you're
doing business in Canada and don't have either a Tax I.D. Or a SS#, and see
what they'll accept before jumping through that hoop.  Do you have a
Canadian business number?

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334