[dba-Tech] Word field code not working as expected

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 13:18:05 CDT 2008

I'm trying to create a descending numbered list in Word. I tried using a compound field, which I know should work, but I'll be danged if I can get it just write. Now, to my way of thinking, I need to combine a formula and a seq field as follows:

{x - {seq list}}

where x is one greater than the total number of items in the list and list is the list. It returns an error and I've tried several ways.

Has anyone tried this and did you get it to work?

Susan H.