[dba-Tech] Word question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 07:52:39 CDT 2008

> Why not use the hidden attribute of fonts.  This will hide the characters
> and they will never print,

========Because then the user can't find the bookmarked spot. :) I'm using
this value as a variable that a field code references. If the user can't see
the value, the user can't change the value. After thinking about this a
little last night, I think I will change it a bit -- too many little
gremlins to make this truly a good technique. I like the field code list
part, but I'm going to have to find a better way to solicit the number of
items in the list from the user. I can hard-code it in the list, but that
doesn't make for a versatile list. I guess I'm just going to create a short
macro that prompts for the number, but then I'm not sure how to store it so
that the field code REF can access it. Can I do that? Can REF access a
module-level variable? I'll have to try that.

Susan H.