[dba-Tech] Word question

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 11:56:38 CDT 2008

It is not possible to inform the users that the data you want can be viewed
by clicking on the funny button on the toolbar?  I know it is a hassle to
have to turn on and off the hidden chars, but macros are also a hassle.

The issue with Macros is that they may be disabled by the user and then you
loose out on your data anyway.
How many users are you talking about, 10's, 100's, 1000's, ?  Is the version
of word also an issue?

If you are distributing a word doc, would it be an option to distribute two
docs, one with instructions in it to either a) enable macros or b) display /
hide the chars.

Mark