[dba-Tech] looking for an alternative to Exchange

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 13:02:10 CDT 2009

Hello John,

I switched a 10 user site to Google App two and a half years ago.  Currently
they have about 50 users, approx 10 are intensive users.

It is not onsite, but the benefits of it are worth looking at

no backups
no av
no spyware
no spam
completely free
almost 100% up time in two years
always fast
plenty of storage

I am still looking for a downside.

If users demand to use outlook, you can give them pop3 access, but the web
based interface is really the way to go.

You can run the google apps mail, but leave the website hosted where it is.

I really like this product.

Mark