[dba-Tech] Oracle to Buy Sun

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 19:01:44 CDT 2009

You (perhaps inadvertently) confirm my point. There is no logical reason to
kill the MySQL community. On the other hand, there are abundant points to be
acquired by preserving it. Not least is the possibility of a fork taking
flower. Said possible fork is decidedly against Oracle's interests, so I
think that this will not happen. Scott and Larry are too smart to let this
happen.

(Proviso: I once met Scott and Larry at various conferences. I have no
shares in Oracle but I do admire their creative work and vision.) I stand to
gain nothing as apologist for their vision, I simply approve of it.

A.