[dba-Tech] Diskettes

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Aug 14 11:26:56 CDT 2009

Hi all

We are cleaning up the inventory and are looking at 100s of 3½"
diskettes (yeah, yeah, about time to look it over, you mumble, but what
to say other that more important tasks have been higher on the to-do
list).

Last time I remember we used some diskettes was for the first version
of the NASLite Linux box which now boots from cd-rom or USB key. When we
think about it we can't recall a single client (nor ourselves) having
used diskettes for any purpose for years.

Are you aware of any current use for diskettes?

/gustav