[dba-Tech] Diskettes

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Aug 14 11:42:41 CDT 2009

Hi Susan

A cassette tape? Or Compact Cassette as the full name is.

I still keep my Sony Walkman WM-D6 Professional from 1984.
Can't let it go - a wonderful machine. However at night, it is on the book shelf, not under my pillow; does that disqualify me as a geek?

/gustav

>>> ssharkins at gmail.com 14-08-2009 18:31 >>>
Are you aware of any current use for diskettes?

=====Besides beverage coasters? Nope.

This reminds me of something that happened to me the other day -- my husband
forwarded a newsletter on tape -- he said, "Does anyone still use tape?" He
was very surprised to learn that yes, tape's still in use. He use to be in
operations a few decades ago when they still called it operations. ;)

Susan H.