[dba-Tech] The history of Linux

Bill Patten bill_patten at embarqmail.com
Sun Aug 16 10:54:36 CDT 2009

Jim,

I found it fascinating even though my contact with Linux has only  been
working with TiVo.  I, of course, didn't understand half of it but then I
don't understand half the code I write either. I really didn't understand
the difference between Linux (the kernel) and say Ubuntu, which is merely
built on the Linux platform. Like they pointed out in the film I lumped the
whole thing into Linux.

An interesting hour spent watching a film instead doing what I should have
been doing, pouring concrete in my bathroom remodel project.

Thanks for sharing.

Bill