[dba-Tech] Weird Behaviour in Word 2007

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 04:50:07 CST 2009

In Word 2007, I get truly weird behavior. 1. The mouse wheel works but the
scrollbar does not. 2.Something bizarre  happens (or actually doesn't
happen) when I single- or double-click the mouse somewhere in a document.
I'm used to single-clicking to place the cursor in a document, and
double-click to select a word, and right-click to check spelling etc. None
of these techniques work. This is intolerable. This behavior does not show
up in other Office 200y applications. I have already applied the service
pack, to no avail.

Oh, one more thing. Every time I exit Word, it crashes. At some point, I got
a message to the effect of "Word has crashed several times in a row. Do you
want to run Diagnostics?" I said OK and everything was OK but it recommended
that I update Office so I did, but the behavior persists. Am I the only one
with these problems? Sadly, the version of Office 2007 that I have insists
upon deleting any previous version, so my choices are rollback or live with
it, apparently.

TIA,
Arthur