[dba-Tech] Word "Include" documents

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 15:17:19 CST 2009

I have several different documents (resumes), each tailored to one of the
hats I wear when seeking jobs/contracts: Access Developer, SQL Developer,
Technical Writer. They all contain some duplicate information, such as
Contact Info, Education, Skills and References. Other things (primarily
emphasis but also the particular references cited) change from resume to
resume.

It's a logistic headache to try to keep them all synchronized, and this led
me to the notion of #iinclude files, liike one would use in classic
programming languages. I suspect there is some way to do this in Word but I
can't find it. Imagine somebody has done this before.

While I'm at it, is there a way, having created a document based on Template
A, to change its template to Template B? (Rather like the Change Style
feaure in PowerPoint.)

TIA,
Arthur