[dba-Tech] In Word - Upside Down Text?

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Thu Jan 1 10:57:11 CST 2009

It works!

Thanks!
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Tina Norris
Fields
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 7:21 AM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] In Word - Upside Down Text?

Hi Dan,
You can rotate WordArt in Word 2003 to any degree you want.  The only
thing I find that might interfere has to do with the text wrapping
around it.  When you put WordArt in line with text, the handles for
turning it don't show up.  Go into the Format WordArt dialog box and
change the text wrapping to something else, like in front of text, for
instance, then click the WordArt object, grab the green dot above it and
drag until you rotate it 180 degrees.  It works.
Tina

Dan Waters wrote:
> Hi Rusty - I spoke too quickly.  What I should have said is that the
ability
> to make upside-down text using WordArt is not in Word 2003.  From the
first
> reference that Bobby Heid gave you used to be able to do this using
WordArt