[dba-Tech] Rails Etc.

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Jan 16 00:47:38 CST 2009

Hi Arthur

I would like to explore that but - I may be missing something - where do all my windows with tools, components, database sources, properties, etc. etc. live in a text editor? Not to say IntelliSense, my visual database layout, and the query designer?

/gustav

>>> fuller.artful at gmail.com 16-01-2009 01:31 >>>
Big mistake, IMO, Gustav. Most difficult thing to get over is that you
cannot (without max difficulty) name your own directories. If you create a
project called Gustav01 then all sorts of directories will be created
beneath that for you. Learn to live with it! Every project you create will
have an identical structure, and this is a good thing.

Take it for a spin and prepare to be Wowed. You type in several commands and
presto, a web site! IMO this is some aweseome technology and it works so
well because it reads the metadata not merely the data dictionaries. It
comprehends the relationships not just the tables. Invest an evening in
exploring this baby and you will, I think, be floored at the productivity
improvements.

Even MS wised up to this and delivered IronPython. I would go so far as to
say that strongly typed languages are now a historical artifact. And one
might say the same about compiled languages, perhaps. I'm still open on the
latter supposition.

A.