[dba-Tech] Word 2007 building block problems

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 15:26:12 CST 2009

I'm finding the new building blocks extremely buggy -- or else it's me,
which is certainly possible.

1.) If I delete footer text,  it reappears later. I've not found a way to
delete footer text permanently. Now, it was originally created in Word 2003,
however... I've deleted and saved it in 2003. I've converted the doc to
.docx format -- nothing seems to get rid of it for good. When I use 2007 to
delete it, it looks gone, but it shows up later.

2.) I can't figure out how to get 2007 to inhibit the page number building
block on a cover page building block. Help says it will inhibit it
automatically, but it doesn't in mine. When I delete it on the cover page,
2007 deletes it entirely.

It is them or me?????????

Susan H.