[dba-Tech] A another Windows attack

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 4 12:00:20 CDT 2009

Jim,

 >Whether this is just a cynical attack by a Windows hater
 >or caused by a bad installation and configuration or just
 >bad programming there is just not enough 'meat' in the
 >article to clarify.

Well, you left out a few possibilities, eg the set of factors that makes
*Nix servers more reliable
(ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/common/ssi/sa/wh/n/pol03003usen/POL03003USEN.PDF),
aspects of Windows architecture that make it more suitable for desktops
than for servers, the everything-depends-on-everything-else
market-driven architecture of Windows.

PB

-----