[dba-Tech] VoIP with a smartphone?

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 15:27:41 CDT 2009

An article in PC Today says the following:

"VoIP ... services, such as Skype ... are making it easier for business
professionals to make phone calls over the Internet and avoid paying steep
fees for international calls."

Okay, does this mean I can use a smart phone to use VoIP? It certainly
sounds like it. How do I do that? What about your basic cell phone?

I haven't tried Skype. We have a magicjack at home though, which certainly
isn't wireless -- would like to learn more about this.

Susan H.