[dba-Tech] VoIP with a smartphone?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 12 16:15:02 CDT 2009

Our current telephone service is through the internet via our local ISP. My
daughter uses Vonetc (sp) and she can phone anywhere is North Am with no
long-distance charges... Our phone system is much the same.

All the features that you would have on a regular traditional land line are
the same and you might not even know that the tele-communications is
actually through the internet.

There is sometimes when the signal seems weak but it could be because of
other reasons than a poor connection.

The whole reason for going this method is definitely price... and we are
quite happy with the new service and cheaper features.

We also use Skype all the time to talk and video-conference to my duaghter
and son-in-law in England, via the computers... and MSN is now as good.