[dba-Tech] nice short term job opportunity - anyone interested?

Tydda Jon - Slough jon.tydda at lonza.com
Tue Jun 2 07:59:37 CDT 2009

God, I feel young. My first "PC" ran DOS 5.x with Windows 3.1 (I believe on an Amstrad PC1512, with 512k of RAM), which we then upgraded to 3.11 (around 1991/1992). I remember my dad's first 286, and the upgrade to the 40mb hard drive... Saw my first Pentium in 1996, and have followed Moore's Law since then. I'm currently using a Core 2 Quad 2.66 with 4gb of RAM... Can't wait to see the entry level models in 5 years :-)

The 21 year old "IT" student sitting next to me has never heard of DOS, and doesn't remember anything before Windows 98 :-(

Jon