[dba-Tech] XP system reformatted, can't get online

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 20:48:21 CDT 2009

A friend reformatted XP system -- can't get online. I told him to find his
driver disk and then he'd be Okay -- he says there is no driver disk.

How can there be no driver disk? How's he going to get online without the
right drivers -- does XP reinstall those automatically? The last time I
reformatted (and it's been long enough that I just don't remember) I had to
reinstall all the drivers from a disk before anything worked right.

He's got a 4 year old Gateway -- mine's a bit older, but shouldn't be that
different.

Susan H.