[dba-Tech] 64 vs. 32 Bit

Tesiny, Ed EdTesiny at oasas.state.ny.us
Tue Jun 16 15:46:13 CDT 2009

 We're doing some heavy processing and were offered a Lenovo w/ Core 2
Quad processor, 8 Gb Ram, 1 Tb hard drive.

2 questions
Do you need to have Win XP Pro 64x Edition to make use of the processor?

Could you ghost a hard drive from a 32 bit system to a 64 bit one?
MTIA
Ed

Edward P. Tesiny
Assistant Director for Evaluation
New York State OASAS
1450 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203
Phone:  (518) 485-7189
Fax:  (518) 485-5769
EdTesiny at oasas.state.ny.us

IMPORTANT:  This E-mail may contain confidential material for the sole
use of the intended recipient.  The use, distribution, transmittal or
re-transmittal by an unintended recipient of any communication is
prohibited without our express approval in writing or by e-mail.  Any
use, distribution, transmittal or re-transmittal by persons who are not
intended recipients of this e-mail may be a violation of law and is
strictly prohibited.   If you are not the intended recipient please
contact the sender and delete all copies.  E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free.   The sender therefore does not
transmission.   All e-mails sent to or from NYS OASAS are to be used for
our business purposes only.  E-mails sent from or to NYS OASAS are
subject to review by the Agency.