[dba-Tech] Interesting Vipre behavior

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Mar 10 11:45:13 CDT 2009

Yes, it's ok to turn the firewall off if you're testing something. Just
don't go about business as usual before turning it back on. I really think
for you the best, easiest thing to do would be to download the Vipre
install, uninstall, reset your firewall to defaults, reboot and reinstall.

Go to http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Home-Home-Office/VIPRE/ to download the
trial version, (it should pick up your license key from the registry when
you reinstall).

Once you reinstall if the firewall prompts you for something let it go
through and tell it to always allow that action. Then try your other
software and do the same.

If a firewall prompts you out of the blue then it's time to be suspicious.
Jot down the process asking to be let though and ask this list if it's ok
:o)