[dba-Tech] X-Plane

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 11 01:57:03 CDT 2009

I have been looking at the X-Plane program. It is a flight-simulator like MS
Flight Sim but that is where the similarity ends.

This is a real training simulator program. It is actually being used in
training facilities. It runs of Windows, Mac and Linux and for a short time
is selling for only $39.00. http://www.x-plane.com/

There are many additional scenery and new plane simulations coming on line
all the time. I understand that there is a new a Lockheed Starfighter
simulator coming on line shortly. (If this was supposed to be a secret you
did not hear it from me.) ;-) Check out this YouTube vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WPy4JQ6FjE Helicopters, single engine,
passenger planes, bombers, fighters, experimentals, gliders... simulate what
if scenarios of weather, mechanical failures, complex landings and
challenges of all kind.