[dba-Tech] IE8

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Thu May 14 09:45:51 CDT 2009

Hi Andy,

I tried IE8 when MS first announced that that it was available several weeks
ago.  When it first tried to run, I got a message that there was a security
review that needed to be done.  So I had to download some software which
would take care of that.  I did so, but then spent the rest of the day
recovering.  It turned out that I had to reflash my BIOS to fully recover.
I'm sorry I don't remember more details but then again I've tried to forget.

If it asks you to run a security 'fixing' program, you may want to back out.

I haven't tried again since then.

Dan