[dba-Tech] OT: Wolfram|Alpha

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sat May 16 12:51:31 CDT 2009

Hi Steve (switched channel)

Yes, it is slow.
However, the knowledge of this incredible machine has limits, though hard to believe.
I'm a bit proud I found one item it doesn't know of: Cartesian (product or join). That is somewhat weird, as this is well-known in mathematics:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartesian_product

In SQL, this returns every possible combination of records from two or more tables:

Select
  TableA.*,
  TableB.*
From
  TableA,
  TableB

/gustav

>>> erbachs at gmail.com 16-05-2009 19:30 >>>
Gustav,

I hear you about the heavy load.  In the past few hours I'd say that
25% of my queries get the "Sorry Dave!" warning about over capacity.

Steve Erbach