[dba-Tech] Windows notification

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue May 26 12:25:08 CDT 2009

1. If you have changed any hardware, on your computer recently, it will come
up with this message... like hard drive, lan card or mother board.

2. If you have MS Updates turned off for too long this will also happen.

3. If you have rebuilt your registers or changed/fixed/updates/restored a
number of primary records within the Windows directories of
subdirectories... the message may be invoked.

4. A number of updates, like MS Office also require you down load an ActiceX
component that once installed continually sends back messages to MS on the
validity of all MS software, on your whole computer. If any piece of
software, on your system, is registered, in more than one place or not fully
registered/activated, that message will continue to pop-up.

Check the link out from MS for details:
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ProgramInfo.aspx?displaylang=en&sGuid=5b22a
dba-2510-4876-874c-f4732dd8203b