[dba-Tech] The Machine SID Duplication Myth

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 18 12:44:10 CST 2009

That's a good one John. I wasted much of my youth changing SIDs ;-) There
are times when a whole building, 15 floors in one case and after cloning the
hundreds of PCs, we dutifully went from floor to floor, office to office
changing the SIDs from large check lists... The provincial government, our
employer at the time, is comprised of one huge domain of thousands of
computers only separated by various subnets and groups. This tedious
process, kept the company I was working for at the time, busy for months.