[dba-Tech] make USB-stick bootable - statusl

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 16 10:55:27 CDT 2009

Hi Lembit:

Have you looked at this forum:

http://www.911cd.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10806&st=0

...and check out the following...

http://usb.smithtech.us/pe/instructions.htm

...or you could try something like:

Try making it active using Diskpart instead of PEToUSB:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/09/26/using-diskpartexe-as-disk-managemen
t-alternative-in-windows-vista-2000-2003-and-xp

start -> run -> diskpart
type "list disk" without the quotes and press enter.
type "select disk n" without the quotes and press enter, where n is the disk
number of the USB drive.
do the same as above, but replace "disk" with "partition".
type "active" without the quotes and press enter
type "exit" without the quotes and press enter.