[dba-Tech] Fwd: FW: Hang in there pops

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 11:35:32 CDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Breen <marklbreen at gmail.com>
Date: 2009/10/22
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] FW: Hang in there pops
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues <
dba-tech at databaseadvisors.com>

Hello Max,
As an Irish guy that was drinking beer, wine and whiskey for 24 years, I
have an additional suggestion to make.

As an experiment two years ago, I gave up drinking.  I assumed that my life
would be crappy, and I would not feel much different.  What I did not expect
was that I experienced all upside, and no downside.

So not want to bore anyone but I am a normal enough guy, living a normal
enough life, and all is the same as before, except I do not drink.  In fact,
I do not even think about it.

I can go out to dinner, or to weddings or parties and happily drink
sparkling water and once I passed in the initial 3 months of missing it, I
never even think about it.  My wife has a glass of wine and I just order
sparkling.

Honestly I wish I tried it when I was younger.

On last comment, When I stopped, I did stop going to the pub, and yes that
does create a vacumn, but guess what, you find something else that fills
that space and the something else can be great.

Cheers,

Mine's a water BTW

Mark

well, that has cheered me up....not!